Skip To Main Content

Search Panel

Schools Menu

Issues, Questions or Concerns

Start Here!

Step 1: Contact your student's teacher

1. The Teacher

The first person to resolve any concerns that you might have with a course, its contents, or how a class is structured is the classroom teacher. Parents can request a phone call, email, or in-person meeting. Most issues are successfully resolved at this point, especially when the concern is brought to the teacher quickly. If a resolution is not reached, the next person to discuss your concerns with is the Assistant Principal or Principal.

Step 2: Contact the Assistant Principal or Principal

2. The Assistant Principal and Principal

As the instructional leaders, the Assistant Principal and Principal are responsible for setting the tone for discipline and instruction. If you have suggestions or concerns about discipline or instruction, the Dean of Students, the Assistant Principal, Principal, or Supervisor of the department at your school can coordinate and facilitate meetings between the students, the parents, and teachers. If a resolution is not reached, the next person to discuss your concerns with is the Principal's supervisor.

Step 3: Contact the Executive Director

3. Executive Directors

When a concern cannot be resolved at the school level, the next step is to contact the principal’s supervisor. Please see contact information below for each grade level.

Elementary Education

Executive Director of Elementary Education, Susan Mundell, 425-837-7025

Executive Director of Elementary Education, Melinda Reynvaan, 425-837-7025

Secondary Education

Executive Director of Secondary Education, Sherri Kokx, 425-837-7050


Washington State Governor's Office of the Education Ombuds (OEO)

The Washington State Governor’s Office of the Education Ombuds (OEO) is an independent state agency that helps to reduce educational opportunity gaps by supporting families, students, educators, and other interested parties in communities across WA in understanding the K-12 school system and resolving concerns collaboratively. OEO services are free and confidential. Anyone can contact OEO with a question or concern about school.

OEO listens, shares information and referrals, and works informally with families, communities, and schools to address concerns so that every student can fully participate and thrive in our state’s public schools. OEO provides support in multiple languages and has telephone interpretation available. To get help or learn more about what OEO does, please visit our website:; email, or call: 1-866-297-2597 (interpretation available). (English)

Office of the Education Ombuds (OEO) - Arabic

Office of the Education Ombuds )OEOﺔﯿﻤﯿﻠﻌﺘﻟا ﻢﻟﺎﻈﻤﻟا ءﺎﻨﻣأ ﺐﺘﻜﻣ ، ( ﺔﯿﻣﻮﻜﺣ ﺔﻟﺎﻛو ﻦﻄﻨﺷاو ﺔﯾﻻو ﻢﻛﺎﺤﻟ ﻊﺑﺎﺘﻟا