Clubs at Cougar Mountain Middle School
CMMS Clubs – Updated September 2022
Clubs will meet from after school until the Activity Bus. Activity buses arrive at CMMS Mon, Tues, Thurs at 4:18pm and Weds at 5:13pm. No clubs or after school activity buses on Fridays. Link to activity bus schedule and routes can be found here. Students must be participating in an after school activity to ride the Activity Bus. Activity Bus routes make limited stops.
Advisor: Andrea Miele email@example.com
- ASB Applications for Elected Officers will be in Fall 2022 for 6th Grade Representative, the open 8th Grade Representative spot, and SOAR Senators
- Please check with Ms. Miele if you have any questions!
Advisor: Katie Clary firstname.lastname@example.org
Canvas Site: Art Club Sign Up Link (Available end of Tri 2)
Tri 3 Meetings: Exact dates TBD but will be held every other Thursday
Meeting Location: Art Room 5106
- Starting 3rd Trimester
- Join us for Painting and Drawing club! If you like to paint or draw, like Manga and anime, or like meeting with friends who also like artsy things, this is the club for you! We will have a semi-open studio with lots of choice options but supplies and available art centers will be limited compared to your regular CMMS art courses. To make up for limited centers, we will have special, just-for-art-club-supplies for you to try! Feel free to BYOS- bring your own sketchbooks!
Board Game Club:
Canvas Site: https://issaquah.instructure.com/enroll/HRXL78
Tri 1 Meetings: Every other Wednesday: 10/5, 10/19, 11/2, 11/16, 11/30
Meeting Location: Room 3207
- Meet new friends, hang out with previous friends, and play board games! CMMS has an abundance of board games that students can choose to play!
- Students must sign up prior to the meeting dates (via the Canvas site). There is a maximum of 32 students per meeting.
Advisor: Brook Gouge email@example.com
- Starting December 2022
- Stay tuned for additional information!
Dungeons and Dragons: No advisor as of Sept. 2022
Advisor: Karen Sunmark firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting Dates: Wednesdays
Meeting Location: Band Room 6744
- Hurray! Our first jazz band meeting will be Wednesday, October 5th
- Brass, woodwind, percussion, guitar, piano and bass players please join us
- You should be proficient on your instrument, one or more years of experience playing please
- If you are in a sport, connect with your coach(es) to plan a practice and Jazz Band rehearsal schedule that works for the sport requirements and Jazz Band participation.
Advisor: Grant McEwen email@example.com
Additional Information: TBD
Advisor: Caitlin Harker firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting Dates: Tuesdays
Meeting Location: Room 2202
- In Robotics Club we will be exploring topics related to robots and automation. We will be building and coding robots using Lego Spike kits. Students will have the opportunity to compete with each other and with teams from other schools through FIRST Lego League Challenge.
Advisor: Alicia Chon email@example.com
Meeting Dates: Starting after Volleyball Season! We will meet every other Tuesday.
Meeting Location: Room 3209
- Timber Bridge is an opportunity for Cougar Mountain students to build relationships with residents at Timber Ridge, the senior living facility in Talus.
- The club will organize themed trips to Timber Ridge and connect with the residents.
- WEB, “Where Everyone Belongs”, is a year-long program at CMMS. This program is designed to create a safe and easy transition into middle school for Cougar Mountain’s incoming 6th grade students. WEB is only for 8th graders. All WEB leaders are chosen in the spring for the next school year through an application process. Our WEB leaders for the 2022-2023 school year have already been chosen. Current WEB leaders will visit 7th grade SOAR classes in the spring of 2023 to share information on how to apply.
DO YOU LIKE: WRITING, TAKING PICTURES, GRAPHIC DESIGN, OR MEETINGNEW PEOPLE? CONSIDER APPLYING TO YEARBOOK CLUB!
CMMS Yearbook Club 2022-23Application Deadline is Wed. 9/28th by 8 pm
What is Yearbook Club?: It is a group of committed students who contribute to and oversee the creation andpublication of the 2022-23 school yearbook!
Who can Apply? Any current CMMS student can apply to serve on the Yearbook Club! Students mustdemonstrate a commitment to attending all meetings, a willingness to learn new skills and dedication to being inclusive (including all students) in their words and actions.
Application Details & Deadline: To apply for consideration, students must go to this application linkhttps://bit.ly/cmmsyearbookapp2022 (Links to an external site.) and complete all questions by the deadline. Ms. McKee will host an info table during student lunches to answer student questions prior to the deadline. The deadline for applications is Wed. Sept 28th by 8 pm.
When & Where do we Meet?: We will meet most Mondays afterschool in room 2202 from 2:40 pm – 4:20 pm.We will also meet Wednesdays during lunch in room 3202. This is called a “working lunch” so students should bring & eat their lunch! Students are expected to attend all meetings. Meetings are subject to change.
When & Where do we Meet?: We will meet most Mondays afterschool in room 2202 from 2:40 pm – 4:20 pm.We will also meet Wednesdays during lunch in room 3202. This is called a “working lunch” so students should bring & eat their lunch! Students are expected to attend all meetings.
All meeting dates are found below:
- Mondays Afterschool Meetings in Room #2202: Oct 3, Oct 10, Oct 17, Nov 7, Nov 21, Nov 28, Dec 5, Dec 12, Jan 9, Jan 23, Jan 30, Feb 6, Feb 13, Feb 27, Mar 6, Mar 13, Mar 20, Mar 27, April 3 (tentative last). No Monday Afterschool Mtgs on: Oct 24, Oct 31, Nov 14, Dec 19, Dec 26, Jan 2, Jan 16, Feb 20.
- Wednesday Lunch Meetings start in room #3202: Oct 5, Oct 12, Oct 19, Oct 26, Nov 2, Nov 9, Nov 16, Dec 7, Dec 14, Jan 4, Jan 11, Jan 18, Jan 25, Feb 8, Feb 15, Mar 8, Mar 15, Mar 22, Mar 29, Apr 5 (tentative last). No Wednesday Lunch Mtgs on: Nov 23, Nov 30, Feb 1, Mar 1. Students will not miss class time as they will attend during their own lunch on these days.
- Cougar Mountain Middle School
- Extracurricular Activities